Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Welcome!

If you've come here, you've entered a black hole. Are you ready to explore this horrid darkness, this unending sadness?

Great! Not that it matters. You can't escape a black hole. Fucking light can't even escape. Thor himself couldn't hammer his way out of this shit.

Here's the gist. If I don't figure out how to be a normal person ASAP, that's it for me. I'm gonna hop right off the event horizon. There was school, then more school, friends, lots of friends (they're still there, but I mean, they've all moved away so we patiently await their return). Jobs. Various jobs. Now there's not, and I don't know why.

So, at 26 I'm going to retrain myself to be a member of society. I expect our adventure to be largely comical, though the fallout from my failure might be otherwise. Along the way, we'll talk about books, movies, and the weird things people say with their mouths, and I expect us to have a good time. You'll need a bottle of whiskey and a hard heart to start, so strap on your space suit.

4 comments:

alfa foxtrot said...

what is "event horizon"? a train? a party? please teach me

alfa foxtrot said...

i want to watch the sun rise over the event horizon

Chris Yarrison said...

No space suit, no party.

YellowBeatrix said...

the whiskey is flowing. my heart is hard. the blackness is neverending. i think im in love with you