Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Daily Wiley

"Chris, we just listened to the Decline. We have to talk." - Message from Wiley last night (after song by Annie, "We love Chris and he loves you, giggle, giggle," bravo, and did I hear Ben in the background? I did, didn't I.)

It is normal to want to talk to someone you're close to after listening to NOFX's 1999 EP - which, as I'm sure you all know, is just one really long song that rules.



Miles and I once listened to it over and over again on our way to the beach, in the limpid summer sunshine, long before the breaking point. (The breaking point came at 5 am when we decided we were too tired not to not leave and left and had to sleep in an empty parking lot.)

Anyway, did it give you some ideas, Wiley? Do you want to learn to play trombone? Do you want to listen exclusively to late 90's punk and ska from now on? You've heard everything else and there's nothing better? No Use for a Name? The Dead Milkmen? LAGWAGON?!?!?! Greg Graffin's new book, Anarchy Evolution: Faith, Science, and Bad Religion in a World without God?

Tell me. I support you always. For now:

2 comments:

Christina said...

Sweet, sweet nostalgia.

Chris Yarrison said...

It is dangerous actually searching this stuff on YouTube, I had to wrench myself off of the computer to get away from all that wonderful Third Wave Punk Revival.

To better myself, I tried to keep an eye out for some fourth wavy stuff, but I'm afraid the thread's played out.