Thursday, July 29, 2010

Landlord. Boss. Hero.

Julie, I hope you don't mind me stealing this superlative photo of your father.



Let me tell you about Tom, artist, landowner, engineer. Fast Tom. Refloored my former residence. Put a bathroom in the party closet. You all know Tom and that infamous piece of property. 9 Tucker nearly killed us, you know. But Tom, hero to all, swooped in and fixed the furnace, which, had we been affluent enough to use it, would have spewed CO into our brains. Apparently it was jolted loose during a party in the basement, a source of infinite amusement to Tom.

Tom once worked 12 hours in the hot sun without taking a sip of water. His mustache has killed a man. I'm told he takes good pictures. With his handsome wife Terri, he's borne over one hundred daughters. He enjoys beer, Budweiser I think. Here's to you, Tom.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Coors lite not Budweiser. Budweiser isn't American enough.

ps. Tom is on the west coast, watch out world!

Chris Yarrison said...

Tom, stop by New Mexico on your way home, let's party.

Candypants said...

i love every minute of this. Today Tom ate a million oysters and I taught him how to eat a real artichoke.