Monday, November 2, 2009

My roommate Kristen

I'm afraid to go downstairs a lot of the time because if Kristen is down there she'll corner me and start talking to me. She'll talk to me while I fix a whole meal and continue as I eat it. Grant me the serenity not to stab her to death next time she does this.

And what does she talk about? I don't know. I don't listen. Every ounce of energy I have goes into NOT hearing what she's saying. I am however somewhat aware that she is so desperate to make noise in front of another person that she'll choose most any subject to babble about so that she doesn't have to stop talking.

Okay, a little gets through. Especially when she switches words around, uses them wrong, or just makes them up.

"She was old, you know, kind of weird...a little dimensional."

"They know that it can't 'pass the mustard,' so to speak."

(Literally talking about finding someone to walk her dog) "I'd have to find someone to walk my dog, so to speak."


Some notes: "trunicating" Entirely made up word. Use of "inhibit" as its opposite. Free use of "proficient" to mean almost anything. I'll try and write some instances down. Okay goodnight.

4 comments:

alfa foxtrot said...

i really like this. by which i mean, i want to be more like her and less like myself.

Adam said...

I agree, I think we all could be dimensional, so to speak

ben said...

that's why we need to support stem cell research, any of us could get dimensional

Unknown said...

looks like the english language forgot to pass someone the mustard.

also this: thericktionary.com