Friday, November 27, 2009

Next stop Mongolia

For a while I didn't have a suitable contingency to my Plan. I think I spit out something about drinking a bunch, predictably. Well here's some shit: if things don't work out, I'm going to Mongolia. There. There it is.

I like this new idea so much, in fact, that I may not even send out grad school applications - saying, naturally, that I did - and come August I'm going to tell everyone, perversely, that I got in and I'm off to Academe. (I'll probably choose one of the more unlikely schools: MIT, Stanford...)

I know that recently a good idea was floated about getting a big house with all our friends, raising chickens and playing music, a lovely idea to be sure. But if that house isn't in fucking Mongolia I'm not going to be living in it.

8 comments:

Wiley said...

well i'm sorry but you're not going to mongolia. and if you do the guilty pleasures are breaking up and we not friends.

Chris Yarrison said...

We not?? We can make music and have chickens in a yurt. Look, just let me go first and scope out the music scene there, build a nice yurt and then everyone comes and joins me, what do you say?

ben said...

this is crazy. come to where I am i love you!

Adam said...

I'm with you chris.

My Brother went to Mongolia for like two months. He travelled on horseback most of the time. Camped outside. Made fires with sticks.
You know, stuff that awesome people do to be awesome.

jhfgyg said...

ive been in mongolia for like 6 months now and i can tell you its not that dope...the yurts are for sure real nice but the only booze they have over here has dead rats and snakes for ingredients...OH GOD

Chris Yarrison said...

Show me the man that isn't drawn to Mongolia. This trip/permanent move is gonna rule!

Wiley said...

yeah right

jane said...

i certainly hope you go -- i just had the idea myself (for the 2nd or 3rd time)... If all my business gets done -- i can't think of a better place to hopefully try to escape the greedy lying theiving 'muricuns i'd like a break from. hope you are already there. jane