Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The World

Guess what, World. You left me for dead back there, but a latent will to live spurred me on, and it looks like I'm not going to have to commit hari kari just yet. I am referring, of course, to the Plan:

Phase One: Called and e-mailed every grad school within 200 miles (well, that has a linguistics program). Naturally, the ones that were most receptive to me are the furthest away: George Mason, UVA, and U of Delaware. "Delaware???" you gasp? Pretty good program from the looks of things. I suppose this part of the plan is just going to have to be a process, as there's still plenty of bullshit ahead. But I'm going to just very lightly in parentheses jot down "(success)" next to Phase One.

Phase Two: Looks like I'm washing dishes. $9/hr. Nice fellow hired me, no application. Now we'll just see about keeping the job, but I think we're on the right track here.

Contingency? Nope! I'm sober as a goose, my chemicals seem to be balanced, and I might even start being nice to people. It's fucked up!!

7 comments:

Wiley said...

well look at that. i heard there is a grotto pizza somewhere over by u of D...but it's a secret. they keep it hidden. we have to find out about it.

alfa foxtrot said...

phase three: obesity. i want you fat as a sober christmas duck

Chris Yarrison said...

Wiley - I'll find it. And if it's there, then there is nothing stopping me getting into UD, or at least just moving there.

Annie - That's disgusting. Fat is gross. If I ever get fat please commit hari kari for me.

ben said...

ann-o If I ever get fat I want you to kill yourself

Chris Yarrison said...

Whichever, they're all good.

Work went well, by the way, thanks for asking.

Kevtron said...

am i allowed to come back and hang out with you in the dishroom with you while you're at work, like that one place?

that was pretty weird. it was nice of them and all, but it was like, strange nice.

Chris Yarrison said...

I'm afraid no one's invited to my workplace. It seems to be for old people only, visible tattoos might cause a wave of heart attacks. I do, however, work with a goatman, who is always hungrily eyeing my haunches.